Monday 22 May 2017

3CD email to Jools Bentley

The children in 3CD emailed Jools Bentley, author of The Hippopandamouse.  The children were very excited when she replied!

Questions and answers:



What made you choose the three animals that made the hippopandamouse?
I chose the three animals for the hippopandamouse because this letter combination sounded to me like a mistaken hippo-potto-mus… hippo-panda-mouse. I then just kept drawing combinations of the three animals together until I found a creature that looked appealing and characterful. 

How long did it take to write the book?
It took me one year to write the book and draw and colour the illustrations, but I had the idea way back in 2007 so I had been thinking about it ever since then!

What is your favourite book you have written?
The Hippopandamouse is my favourite.

Do you know how many toys you drew in the book?
Haha! I have NO IDEA how many toys I drew in the book. All I can say is that it felt like millions! It was especially tricky drawing so many pairs of big eyes! (This question has now made me want to count them!)

How long have you been writing books?
I have been writing books since 2007 but The Hippopandamouse is my first published book. I am working on my second book to be published soon.

What made you become an author?
I became an author because telling stories and drawing pictures are my favourite things in the world to do. I love creating characters and imagining the world they live in and what happens to them. Because these things come from my imagination I can make up whatever I like and no one can tell me what to do! It’s such good fun!

Thank you so much for the great questions Class 3CD!  I am really looking forward to visiting Crosshall Junior School.

Best wishes,

Jools Bentley

No comments:

Post a Comment